Saturday 2 April 2016

Easy Chickpea Veggie Burgers

These burgers are so good, you need to try them!


These burgers are so quick and easy to make, not to mention they are healthy too! All you need is a few store cupboard ingredients and some veg!  

You will need...

For the bulk of the burger 


For flavour


Firstly, you want to grate a carrot, chop the onion, garlic and mushrooms and put them into a bowl with the oats and chickpeas. 


Next, you want to add flavour. For this you can add any seasonings and herbs you want. I used Worcestershire sauce, Soy sauce, chilli powder, Paprika and ground cumin but you can use whatever you have in the cupboard. I'm never specific with amounts (which isn't brilliant considering I do GCSE Catering... Oops) I prefer to use measurements such as a sprinkle, a bit or a glug ect...

Once your burgers are full of flavour your next job is to get a potato masher and mash everything together. Or if you're more up to date with technology, considering it is 2016, then you can wizz it in a food processor until slightly broken up. 

You should end up with something that looks a bit like this.


You can also add salt and pepper to season. 

After, you need to form your mixture into burger sized shapes.


As you can see our mixture made 5 large burgers. 

Put them onto a greased baking tray. 

Then they need to go in the oven at about 180 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes flipping them over about half way through. 


As you can see mine are a tiny bit burnt because I kinda forgot to flip them over (Why am I doing GCSE Catering?) but they still tasted great.

I've made these on multiple occasions for me and my parents and we love them and they are a great alternative to beef burgers as they are still filling and hearty.

If you make these burgers then please take a picture of them and send them to me on my Instagram which is Everyonesbeautiful100 or if you prefer Twitter then Tweet me @katy_newell 

Lots of love 

Katy x

No comments :

Post a Comment